Sunday, March 29, 2009

Update

Things went ok last night. We sat down and talked, Rylie asked a couple questions and tried to keep us from seeing her cry. She's not big on showing emotion, so we're letting her know it's ok to cry if you're sad, etc. She and I sat in the chair and rocked and cried for awhile. She is worried that she won't have a cuddle kitty any more so we talked about how much Crosley loves to cuddle and that really helped. We even spent awhile talking about some of the fun memories we have of Cougar. I do think that really helped her to know we aren't going to forget him. It took longer for Walker to grasp it all. About 20 minutes after we told them, he crawled up on my lap, started crying and said, "But I love Cougie." We're working through it together. Walker keeps trying to get Coal to climb onto his lap, but Coal doesn't think that's such a great idea! Both cats slept with us last night, I think they know something if off. Keep us in your thoughts, I'm sure there will be more rough moments ahead.

No comments: